Thursday, January 28, 2010

Peace

I recently began facilitating a bible study for women at our church. It is something I have done in the past as a joint effort, but am now doing for the first time on my own. It is a little intimidating for an introvert like myself to stand in front of a room of 50 women and not just melt. Ok, I'll be honest.....it's hugely intimidating. But, through God's grace I have not melted from fear. The women are so kind and patient with their "green" leader. The study is entitled "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. I love Beth Moore and am so inspired by her life and testimony.
This week's study had a portion about peace. It really struck a chord with me, since I live so much of my life without it. In Isaiah 48:18, God speaks of peace as a river, actively flowing. Which leads me to this quote from Beth:

"When God uses the analogy of a river, He described a peace that can be retained while life twists, turns, and rolls over boulders......To have peace like a river is to have security and tranquility of heart and mind while meeting many bumps and unexpected turns on life's journey through change."

I really needed that today. Anyone else?

No comments: