Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sunny & Warm

It is unusually cold and miserable here. The next couple of days are bringing windchills in the negative 30 range. Unbelievable! We haven't had a winter this miserable in a very long time. Mostly because of all of the snow coupled with the frigid temps. Nothing is melting.
So, I'm leaving and going to where it's warm. Sunny Southern California is calling my name and I am answering the call. I can't wait to wear my flip flops for a week instead of covering every inch of my body with 3+ layers. At this point it could be 50* out there and it would feel fabulous.
Joey is going with me to help celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. He is the only grandparent I have left and I am so thrilled to be able to be a part of the celebration. I am originally from California and have quite a few family members that live there. I haven't seen them since 2003. It will feel great to see them all and visit in person. And, if you think I am going to be 2 miles from Disneyland and not hug Mickey Mouse you don't know me very well. Joey and I are going to have our fill of Disney magic for a day. :)
So, all of you stuck here in the cold, I'll try to bring some warmth back with me.

4 comments:

Mindee said...

There are no words for the jealousy I'm feeling over your trip to somewhere warm! Have fun. :)

Peggi said...

My flip-flops are packed, ready to feel some sunshine! But by Sunday we will be ready to come back to Nebraska-no crowds.

Amy said...

I am so envious! Lucky you! Hope you have a great time!

BTW, I love the new look on your blog. Pretty colors and designs!

Michelle said...

I hope you have an awesome trip! I'll miss the fun!