I am currently on my third batch of sugar cookies in so many days, and I think I may finally have found the right recipe. I should be posting this info on my cooking blog, but I'll put my story here instead. Ok, back to my tale. I have got this new itch to venture out of my normal baking and try this cool "cookie decorating" thing I have been admiring on a few blogs I follow. You know, the whole royal icing bit? The kind that takes hours? Crazy stuff, but such awesome final results, I must try.
The first obstacle is the right cookie, and I admit I am picky. So picky, in fact, that I am on my third sugar cookie recipe. These seem great as far as flavor, baking ease, and not too many ingredients. But, we'll see if they work well with the royal icing. And, speaking of which, the royal icing....it is a royal pain. I made a batch a couple of weeks ago, and well, I'll be trying another recipe and another method. There are several I have read, along with many tips. Many tips I didn't heed the first time. Oh, some of us HAVE to learn the hard way, don't we?
Well, wish me luck on my newest hobby. And, by the way, what does it say about me, when I am in my kitchen baking cookies and listening to the Jonas Brothers? And feeling good about it? Really.....
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I have a recipe that tastes really good on my blog. I don't know what your requirements are for the icing though.
I can't wait to see your creations - you always inspire me with your baking.
You should let us be your taste testers :)
Post a Comment