Strange things happen to me in the grocery store. I have no idea why. But for some reason, I win the "strange happenings" lottery at the market place more often than I would like. I have written about the Mary Kay stalker lady that has miraculously found me at the store more than once. Ugh. And then the strange serenading singer at Walmart? Remember that story? I don't think I have told you about the time I was almost done grocery shopping, just one more aisle to go. And as I rounded the corner, there was an odd brown runny "substance" covering the aisle at least a quarter of the way down it. I won't say what it was, but it has four letters, starts with the letter "p", and smells bad. Defying all explanation, there were actually people running their carts right through it!!! I, however, did not. I decided that whatever I needed down that aisle could wait until another day. Or, the time I was in the produce aisle getting some fruit, and looked up just in time to see an elderly man's pants fall clear to his ankles. No, I am not kidding. A lady, who was obviously his wife, gasped and ran over to him. I think she needed to buy him a belt, either that or buy him a smaller size so they won't fall off. Sheesh! That time, I honestly looked around to see if I was on some hidden camera show. Really, I did.
You're getting the feeling their is a new story, aren't you? Well, you're in luck. The lottery landed on me again today.
Today, I was getting a few groceries for the week, and as I was checking out I heard a strange sound. A container of crescent rolls exploded, shooting half of the dough across the checkout counter. Random? Strange? Yep, on both accounts. But that's the nature of these odd occurrences. The young guy ringing up my groceries was so entirely amused by the whole thing. "Did that just blow up?" And, then he just kept on chuckling. "That is weird! I have never seen that happen before. Wow! I've got a story to tell my parents tonight."
Obviously, if the story is going to be dinner table discussion for him, it must be pretty cool. But, for me it's just another story for the book I'll write someday. Seriously, why me?
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Can I go to the grocery store with you?? I would love to see these things. Of course, I'd probably pee my pants laughing though!
Don't tell me you were at Best Buy last November when Grant wet his pants and it shot out through the zipper part of his pants and he peed all over the end cap of an aisle? I decided to just high tail it out of there before anyone could possibly know what happened. That yellow puddle could be anything, right?!
I guess this is my public confession on that one! :)
Post a Comment