Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still Here....

I really am still here. Just experiencing alot of "busy". :)
Spring break was a nice week off of school, work, and schedule in general. We were gone most of the time, so the house suffered once again. But, I did enjoy the things we did. We really loved Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I love movies like that. Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time---The Sandlot. If you liked that, you'll probably get a kick out of Wimpy Kid, too.
I had a blast judging at the speech meet. I judged Humorous Interpretation, and boy, did I laugh. Several of them were very outstanding. There were two other judges in the room besides myself, and we aren't supposed to discuss our judging sheets or rankings, so I have no idea how they ranked the 8 speakers. I would love to know.
Got a little spring clothes shopping done for the girls and we had lunch while we were out. So fun at our favorite lunch spot, Panera. Broccoli Cheese soup in a bread bowl...mmmmm.
Joey had his first baseball game over spring break. It was frigid and windy. Ick! I love to watch my star 2nd baseman ( I am a little partial), but I just couldn't stick it out in the stands. And, really no other parent could either. Luckily, we could see fairly well from the car, so that is where I stayed. Even dads were in their vehicles to stay warm. But, not my hubby. He braved the cold wind and stayed in the stands. Crazy man.
It was a great week all in all. But, it makes me anxious for summer vacation.

2 comments:

Mindee said...

Broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl is my favorite thing there too. :) Glad you had a good break.

Amy said...

Did you know that you can buy Broccoli Cheese soup from Sam's Club? You get two containers for $9.99. I'd say it's probably slightly cheaper than actually eating it at Panera and tastes the same.

Could you tell me a couple dates for Joey's games that are at home? Tyler would love to see one!