Sunday, March 14, 2010

Way To Go Joe!


I am so proud to announce Joey tried out and made the 9th grade baseball team. The try-outs lasted a week. It was a looooooong week wondering, speculating, and waiting until Friday, the last day of try-outs. The coaches said they would post the team rosters on the south doors of the school following their coaches meeting around 9 pm. So, Dave drove Joey down to the school that night to "check" and see if his name just happened to be on the list. :) And....drum roll please......YES!!! It was there!!


Without going into too many details, I will say this was truly a bright spot for Joey after a fall that was truly miserable and the longest winter EVER. Spring has sprung with hope. OK, that was really sappy, eh? But, suffice to say we are really happy for Joey.
I was unprepared for the costs involved, but after swallowing hard, I wrote out the big check to Scheel's and another slightly smaller check to the school.....and then another check to Scheel's......and...then....another check to Scheel's. :( I hope I am done with the spending part.

The next part involves shopping for mom. I am going out to buy one of those stadium seat thingies and a big warm fuzzy blanket for all the grandstand time I am going to be doing. Did I mention I hate to be cold?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Joey looks very handsome in his uniform! Watch out for those girls, Joey! Maybe this should be a warning for the parents! LOL

Mindee said...

I am so happy for Joey - this is great news! Well, except for the check writing part. ;)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joey!!! He looks so proud! Enjoy all the baseball you are goin got be watching.

Julie J