Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pastel Peanut Candy

These are the candy squares I made for Easter. I have made them several times, always with favorable results. They remind me a bit of cathedral window cookies I make at Christmastime, but only because of the colored marshmallows. The taste is not at all the same.
  • 1 pkg. (11-1/2 oz.) milk chocolate chips
  • 1 pkg. (10 oz.) butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz) pastel miniature marshmallows
  • 1-3/4 cups salted peanuts
  • 1 cup Rice Krispies

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt both kinds of chips and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Add the marshmallows, peanuts and cereal and mix well. Transfer to a 13x9 buttered dish. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm before cutting.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'll have to remember this recipe for some kind of upcoming event. It looks terrific!