Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Morning Reflections

As most of you know, I am very serious about my faith, but over the past months my personal relationship with God has really waned, having been replaced with other daily rituals and things that seem more important. I have relegated God to any leftover time I might find in my day, and some days it is nothing more than a quick prayer. It is no wonder that through this time I have lost all sense of groundedness and peace. And don't get me wrong, I am in church on Sundays and read my bible at least weekly, but a person can be very good at going through the motions.
Why this confessional, you ask? I'm not sure. Maybe it's kind of like a public apology to God. Maybe it's my way of admitting to myself that my priorities are presently out of order. Or maybe it's the beginning of turning over a new leaf this week. At any rate, it's my reflection this Sunday morning.
"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10

1 comment:

missy said...

i can relate. thankfully, his mercies are new every morning!

weird to include it on this post, but i thought of another name: maverick.