Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dash Update


Sorry for the long absence, but life happens, you know. And for us, life is happening at a very brisk and busy pace. I can't keep up with it. It is at these moments in my life I truly wish I was one of those kind of women who can juggle 25 things all with a calm demeanor and broad warm smile. I call them "Super Women". I, unfortunately, am not one of those women. I can only cope with a few things at a time or I get woefully overwhelmed and tend to want to just shut down.

So, why oh why am I so excited about our puppy, Dash? It is truly a question that begs an answer. I know my sweet mother has asked me this very thing several times. How am I going to have time to deal with a puppy? And, why would I even want that responsibility right now, when my plate is full enough for an "UnSuper Woman" like myself.

Well, I finally have an answer. It is a bit multi-faceted. But, I think it comes down to this. I love dogs. Love them! They make me smile...and laugh. They just make me happy. The time it takes to train them and the responsibility they demand is a drop in the bucket to what they give in return.

And, as full as my life is right now, I need a diversion. A roly poly, licking, chewing, shedding, pooping, peeing, barking, whining, snuggling, adorable puppy diversion. Stupid? Probably. Still gonna do it? You Bet!!!

Dash, we can't wait to welcome you to your new home. Nobody can say you won't be the most loved puppy dog around.

4 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

It could be worse - it could be a baby. :)

He is super cute Tracey.

Peggi said...

And that mother of yours just bought her new grandpuppy his first toy!!
We can't wait to play with Dash. But you must help me out here and when your dad is in a "puppy" mood, can I please bring Dash home
just to pacify him?!?!
Please?!
XO Mom

missy said...

he is the cutest little thing! now i want a puppy.

i already changed my mind. the last thing i need right now is a diversion. my life IS one big diversion! :)

Jesy said...

He is so adorable. Puppies do brighten your day I must say.