Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feels Like Fall


It feels like Fall outside today. And, I couldn't be happier. This is my favorite time of year. Truly. What do I love about it? Well...cool, brisk mornings, changing fall foliage, fireplaces, autumn decorations, warm fleece blankets, chili, pumpkin bread, and football. It's the whole package that I love. I don't really like winter, and I know that fall means winter is just around the corner, but I try to ignore that unpleasant thought and focus on the present.
I bought two pots with beautiful mums in them yesterday. I heart mums in the fall, especially dark red ones. But this year I went a little outside of my box and bought a dark purple one too. Not in my usual routine, but hey why not get a little crazy. :)
I think I'll make Joey climb up in the attic tonight and bring down all my fall decorations. My scarecrow, and faux pumpkins, and mini hay bales.
Speaking of Joey. He asked to go and study at the library last night. He explained that he had a big test in his AP World History class today and wanted to study with a couple of friends from the class. Of course I have to ask who?
"Ummm, just friends..."(grin)
It ended up being a couple of girls I don't know, but we agreed to take him down there, as long as he agreed to truly study. Problem occurred when he followed Dave out the door to the car........without any books. How are you supposed to study without any books I wonder? Hmmm.
I love parenting teenagers. Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

missy said...

so cute about the library. i love fall today. i thought today was a near perfect day!

Amy said...

No books...that is very funny! Gotta love teenagers!

Mindee said...

Oh Joey. He's going to have to work on those cover stories. :)

I love fall too. Someday when I win the lottery, I'll live here for fall and then head for Hawaii after the first snow and stay there until the tulips are up!