Thursday, September 23, 2010

Painting Project

Here are my intentions...

I have really good intentions to put a fresh coat of paint in two rooms downstairs. One bedroom and one substantially big family room. It is no small task. Well, painting never is. If it was only the painting that would be one thing, but there is also the prep work, and in this case we have a fair amount of prep. First I have to fix all the holes and gauges, then move furniture, then tape.

Wait...holes and gauges? Yeah, holes and gauges that are caused by kids that like to explain them by saying, "Oops, it was an accident." Or, "I have no idea how that happened. I didn't do it."

I'd give you a run down on each and every one, but that would take too long, so I'll just enlighten you on one of them. It was caused by "someone" who decided to practice pitching a baseball into a pillow.... in my basement....and missed.

I am still mad about it, even thought it happened a couple years ago. Yeah, I know. I am waaaaayyyy past needing to do this project. But, like I always say, life happens, and somehow many things don't get done in a timely fashion as they should. Although, at this point I will choose not to lament it, and be grateful that I am getting it done now.

Ok, so on to painting the basement. Which is the first in a series of painting projects that are on the horizon. I really don't like to paint. And, I end up doing much of it myself. Dave is NOT a good painter. Bless his manly heart, he is just not a detail person. The only time I let him paint, is with a roller on very large surfaces. And I must have everything in a 10 mile radius covered.

Really my biggest obstacle is this...

He is the reason this project will take twice as long as it should.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm guessing that the painters at school inspired you. They did me. I keep thinking how can I learn to paint without having to tape anything or even us a drop cloth. Impressive!

Mindee said...

He's a very cute obstacle.

And don't beat yourself up over putting off this project. If you'd patched that baseball hole when it first occurred, you'd still have 13 more to do now so why bother?

Saimi said...

That Dash, he's so cute and I totally understand how they like to help.

We had a painter paint the outside of our house and Archie kept making off with his brushes and bringing them inside through the doggie door.

He would also rub along the bottom of the ladder while the painter was on top. Yeah, he's a naughty one that Beagle!

Good luck with your project!