Today, I had every intention of posting pictures of Joey's first Cross Country meet, but then I opened my email and, read these words,"It is with much sorrow..."
Barb, a beautiful woman both inside and out, passed away early this morning after a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer.
I met Barb about 7 years ago through church, and would have friendly conversations with her now and again. Beautiful, beautiful person. She was a little older than I, but we had things in common, and I enjoyed times I spent visiting with her. She was always a positive person with a smile that was as warm as the sun.
Her mother died of the same kind of cancer. It makes me so sad because Barb had taken every precaution and pre-screening to try and prevent it from happening to her. In her case, none of those tests and screenings mattered. It came on quickly with no warning.
So, today I am feeling very introspective...and very sad. Always in these times I ask God the biggest most loaded question anyone ever asks Him. Why? Why?
"But, why God? We prayed."
"But why God? We believed."
"Why her God? She was such a beautiful person who graced the earth with such joy and passion."
"Why can't I understand your plan?"
But I find comfort in this...although I am shaken and grieving, God is not surprised or shaken by it. God feels my hurts and comes alongside me to comfort, but ultimately it is not MY will, but HIS will be done.
Did we not pray correctly? Did God not hear? Was He busy doing something else? Or maybe He just doesn't exist.
No, none of these things are correct.
One day I will know and understand God's will. But not right now. Now I will grieve. Grieve with her family, and....at the same time I will rejoice with them. Rejoice with them that she is no longer in pain, and that she is face to face with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Those are all hard questions. Wish I had some satisfying answers.
Hugs to you today.
I'm guessing there were just not enough positive, friendly faces in heaven and one more was needed.
That's what I think.
Sorry for your loss, she indeed sounds like a wonderful human! :(
That was beautiful Tracy, you are a dear friend.
Sometimes I think the ones that go early are the ones that got their work done.
Post a Comment