Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Varsity Letter


Last night we attended the Cross Country banquet with Joey, to celebrate the end of a successful year.
-------I interrupt this post for a tangent, bear with me....

(It happened to be a potluck, and despite my strike, I made some pulled pork and a yummy apple salad. My pride wouldn't let me go and buy potato salad and potato chips at Walmart. I do have standards at a potluck. Of course the evening wasn't all about food, but for a foodie such as myself, potlucks just get me excited. My son is so spoiled by homecooked meals that he has no idea how good he has it. HE filled his plate with store bought fried chicken, Ci-Ci's pizza, and packaged cupcakes. Yeah. The kid has NO idea. None. Food is not the subject of this post, yet I felt the need to vent. Thanks for listening.)
-------Tangent over.

It was extremely rewarding to see Joey receive his first Varsity letter. He didn't know ahead of time, so it was extra special.
It made it even better when his friend Kyle received one too. You couldn't have met two happier 16 year old boys.

Afterwards, we caught up with his coaches, for this picture.
For Joey...and his parents, it was a proud moment. :)

4 comments:

Peggi said...

Oh the pride we all have for you Joey!! You are awesome honey, but you have great parents that had a little something to do with that.
Keep it up!!!
love you, Gram

Michelle said...

So awesome!! Love the dedication for the sport even in the off season. Looks like Joey found his thing.

Saimi said...

Very cool, very, very cool!! Congratulations to your boy even if he doesn't appreciate a good home cooked meal!!

Amy said...

Two thumbs up for Joey! That is exciting!

BTW, I only buy store boughten food for potlucks, so you wouldn't have been the first. ;)