Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy 70th Birthday


I love birthday parties, don't you?

Recently we celebrated my mother in-law and father in-law's 70th birthdays. They turn 70 within a month of each other, so we decided to combine it. Even in the midst of an impending snowstorm, it was a fabulous evening. (The ride home was quite treacherous, however. I am so tired of snow.)
We made some magnificent lasagna with all the traditional sides. Yum!

Aren't we awesome? I like to call us the "kitchen crew". Prep, serve, and clean up. We do it all. And, we rock at it. :)

We were minus a few special people that night. But, thanks to modern technology we just skyped them in.

Then it was time for cake.


I loved the cake. It was perfect. Wish I could say I had made it. But I can say I made these...


I piped stars and number "70" out of white chocolate for garnish on these brownies. It was fun and easy.


Debbie was a little unsure of her decision to put sparkler candles on the cake. LOL



It was so cool! I highly recommend it, however I would suggest that you open a nearby window as there will be smoke. :)


I love these two guys.

Everyone had a great time. Did I mention I love this family?




Please mom, go away. We're trying to play video games. At least Tom tried to eek out a smile for me, can't say as much for Joey.

It would be helpful if you two guys would look at the camera. :)


I feel pretty certain they enjoyed the party thoroughly too. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for the wonderful party and we did thoroughly enjoy it. We are so blessed.

Dad and Mom

Amy said...

What a wonderful celebration! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah...we do rock at parties!

It is so nice to have such wonderful sister-in-law's to share the joy with!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now I am trying to figure out why I am identified as ~.

Debbie