Thursday, February 10, 2011

1st Birthday Party

Last year I became a Great for the first time.
It made me feel old to add that to my repertoire, but the truth is life never stops and as much as I dislike it...I am getting older. Getting older does have it perks however.
Being called a Great Aunt is one of them.

Keeton was 1 day old in this picture. Sweet, huh?
I marvel at how much changes in a year's time.

Here he is giving me a kiss under the mistletoe at Christmas. And before we know it he is staring at a mountain of gifts at his 1st birthday party.

Wow! What fun is that going to be? But first, let there be cake. I am so into themed parties with pretty food. My niece made the monkey cakes herself and naturally I was so impressed.

I love this kind of stuff. The only thing better is being able to make it myself.

She knows I love it too. "Aunt Trace, you have to come see my cakes." You can count on a big reaction from me.

Happy Birthday little man. You're growing up too fast.

2 comments:

Saimi said...

What, no pictures of Keeton diving into his cake!! Shame on you!!

He is a darling though, lucky Great Auntie you!!

Simply Domestic said...

You don't look old enough to be a "great" aunt! Love the monkey cake!