Is it too late to make a few New Year's resolutions?
I am in a slump, so I decided yesterday to make some changes. I thought last winter was the worst winter of my life because it seemed like it would never end. Yet this winter has seriously rivaled it. Not because of longevity this time. No, this time is due to the fact that I have had a number of downer things happen. I don't like when life sends unpleasant curveballs.
So, ladies and gentlemen it is way past time for me to pick myself up, dust myself off, put a real smile on my face and get busy.
*First and foremost, I resolve to be in my Bible everyday, not just a couple times a week. I can always tell when I have not spent enough time with the Lord. It shows.
*Second, I resolve to spend time exercising at least 5 times a week. The scale is creeping up and I have discovered turning 40 does nothing for the metabolism. :(
*Thirdly, I resolve to up the amount of fruits and vegetables in my diet. I get alot of healthy grains and yogurt, but the produce isn't close to being enough.
*Fourthly, I resolve to spend more time with my husband away from the kids. Let me say this to clarify. Dave and I have always spent alot of time with our kids. When they were little we rarely got a babysitter. If they couldn't go with us, we simply didn't do it. And we preferred it that way. We enjoy them immensely and that won't change. They brighten our lives in a way that cannot be put into words.
Having said all that, however I will add to it by saying, how quickly the time is coming when they will be pursuing their own directions in life. And Dave and I will be back to the two of us. In the past two weeks we have received multiple mailings from colleges for Joey. I almost can't bear to think about it, but I have to accept it.
I read an idea the other day I really liked. The suggestion was to write a weekly personal goal list. I particularly liked the weekly part. Life changes from week to week and I need to implement short term goals as well as long term ones.
All of this is a matter of discpline and time management. Two weak areas for me.
So, better late than never on some resolutions. Now, someone hold me to it. :)
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Yes, kids are really the source of joys in our lives, too.
Thanks for following and I'm glad that my post helped you. Yes, please implement it at once so I can just respond to you via email :)
Good list. I could echo everything you said.
I think its the perfect time to start your resolutions. Your list is so real and wish you luck. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sounds like a great idea....writing it down should help make you accountable! Awesome goals!
Post a Comment