Saturday, March 5, 2011

30th Surprise Party



I have a number of people I consider my "blogging friends". 
Some of them I know in real life too. 

This is Mikaela.
 Dave works with her husband Gabe.  Several years ago she and I had the privilege of taking a business trip with our hubbies and spend a fabulous few days in San Francisco and Sonoma.  We visited a winery, a Redwood forest, Alcatraz, and a fabulous restaurant on the bay.  It was a tremendous trip. 

She and I also share a love for blogging and although we don't see one another often, we connect through our blogs.
Last night Dave and I had the privilege of helping her celebrate her 30th birthday with a surprise party.  I have to share the decorations because they were so cute.  I loved how they decorated.

The earthy springy colors were just what we needed because we are so tired of winter.  Spring cannot get here soon enough. 

These little sayings on the tables were my favorite part.  They are from Anne of Green Gables, Mikaela's favorite.

I loved this one. 

I hope you had a terrific birthday Mikaela!  I really loved meeting your sisters and your mom. And of course you know I love your mom-in-law. :)

3 comments:

Saimi said...

Awe how fun!! I too love all the Springy decorations and what a sweet friend you are to be a part of such a monumental birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Tracey, Thank you so much! Your pictures are great...and the one of us in Sonoma brings back so many memories. I had so much fun at the party too and was so glad you could come. Tell Dave thank you for all the sound/video work he did, Gabe couldn't have done it without him. And wow I feel honored to have a whole post on your blog about my party.
Thanks again!
PS The puppy party has not happened yet...hopefully soon.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

That is so awesome you have a blogging friend and a real friend at the same time.

By the way, we have a Swap Followings Linky Party going on right now where you get to meet excellent bloggers and increase your followers in the process. It's easy to join - just whip up a post and include the party button in the post then link up and start following other bloggers in the party so they can follow you, too. I'll be honored if you party with us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/03/swap-followings-linky-pary-030711.html. See you there :)