Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break

I must admit nothing is in full bloom in our part of the country quite yet, but it is Spring Break this week...and I wore flip-flops yesterday...went out without a coat...opened the windows in the house...and there were severe storms and tornado warnings in the area.  Yes, spring is finally here even if the yard doesn't look like it.
Since I am off of work this week, I have a definite agenda. 
  1. After cleaning out drawers and closets on Monday, I hauled 11 bags to the curb for the Goodwill yesterday.  11!!! It was way past time to purge, don't you think?
  2. I was a judge for a high school speech tournament yesterday and had a ball.  Well, that is until I had to do my actual job as a judge and rank them...and critique them...and give constructive criticism.  Not good with being negative.  I want to hug them all and tell them, "You were great!  Keep up the good work!"
  3. Today, Hannah has an orthodontist appt., some spring clothes shopping for the kids and then the girls and I are headed over to a friend's house to try our hand at a unique way of decorating eggs for Easter.  Post later...
  4. The rest of the week will be spent CLEANING.  I put that in caps because it is urgent and a big deal.  My house is a MESS.  It is most urgent since my mother-in-law and father-in-law are coming to stay with our kids while Dave and I go to Vegas.  More on that later...
  5. Oops.  I forgot a couple.  Lunch with my mom on Friday.  Fun.
  6. And, I have determined to spend some quiet time with the Lord everyday this week.  So far, so good.  That has been truly rewarding. :)
So there is my Spring Break in a nutshell.  I will admit it is a bit ambitious for me.  I am generally quite complacent, but I am feeling good about accomplishment this week.

5 comments:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

My house is always a mess, but I wouldn't have it any other way :) My kids keep them that way but it's ok. Thanks for your sweet comment. Have a great lunch with your mom.

Karen said...

Wow, Tracey you are ambitious! I think that's great. I always feel better when deep cleaning is done. (But I don't do it that often.) sigh....

Anonymous said...

GO Tracey:))Debbie

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Okay, you are making me feel lazy because so far I have accomplished . . . nothing.

Good for you!!

Melinda said...

I'm quite proud of you! I always struggle to remain productive and focused when the kids are off of school. Hope you enjoy the break!

And thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog this week. It is good to be back! :)