Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Runner #2

I don't think I ever would have guessed that I would have 2 die-hard runners in the house, but it appears we do.  Just as Dave finished the marathon quest, Joey has now finished his first track season. 


Look at those long skinny legs?  How could he not succeed?  :)  After long, disappointing seasons of football and baseball last year, we were so glad to see him settle into running this year.  Truly, he has found his niche.
He ended the season with 5 ribbons and two medals.  Not bad for a first year.


He ran the mile and 1/2 mile all year.  He had fun meeting kids from other schools and of course, in true Joey style, alot of hilarious stories.


But, now we've crossed the finish line for the season, and I am glad.  It was such a long season, mostly because he ran junior varsity and varsity.  Double meets. 
Lots of sitting on hard metal bleachers.
Lots of cash for admission. 
I need a break. 
Joey however will not.  His coach has a goal for the boys to log in 500 miles this summer in preparation for cross country.  And, the most crazy thing of all is Joey loves it.
Crazy.

3 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

It may be crazy, but most passions are. I'm glad Joey has found his.

Saimi said...

I wish I had long skinny legs!!

Stephanie Faris said...

YAY. Go, Joey. Congrats.