Thursday, July 21, 2011

Girl Stuff

My niece has been hanging out with us the last few days, and as always we have enjoyed having her around.  She is sweet, polite, kind, agreeable...a delight to have around. :)  My girls enjoy the times they spend together. 
So, on Tuesday I had this idea to let them make their own trifle.  It was so fun...ok...I thought it was fun.  I hope they did too.
I gave them some plain chocolate cake and a multitude of yummy things to layer into it, since a trifle is a layered dessert.  I am putting that last definition in there because Jessi thought trifle was such a weird word.  I think she thought I made it up.
Since I didn't have any strawberries we had to improvise and use blueberries.  After that I filled the counter with pecans, slivered almonds, marshmallows, marshmallow creme, and chocolate syrup.  Then I turned them loose to create any way they wanted. 


Jessi wanted to ham it up for the camera first.


And, then finally the finished product. 

I wasn't able to coax Hannah into the last picture.  Teenagers...

3 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I would eat it!

David said...

IT WAS YUMMY!

Peggi said...

Michelle has grown up sooo much and so beautiful!!!