Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Love A Bargain

I am a frugal clothes shopper.
I love a deal.
Especially clearance deals.  The deep discount ones.
I have been blessed so much this month as I have been out doing a bit of school shopping.  But, nothing compared to what happened today. 
Ok, maybe not quite as good as the 4 pairs of jeans I got Hannah at Lemon Days...however this was a totally different kind of bargain.
I took Jessi into Old Navy to take advantage of their $10 denim bermuda shorts and capris.  $10 bucks for denim is not to be passed up in my mind.  She settled on a pair of shorts and two pairs of capris.  Really cute stuff!
As we are checking out I noticed that the pair of capris she liked the best rang up for  $19.94. 
"Oh, those weren't on sale?"
"Apparently not", the clerk said.
I politely told her I wasn't going to get them.  I mean, $20 was no longer a great deal.  And, I am all about the "deal". 
But, we continued with the other two pairs and the rest of my bargains, including $2 flip-flops.  Lovin' it!
I was totally unprepared for what happened next.
I hear the clerk say, "Would you buy them if they were $10?"
"Well, yeah, but it's OK, I just misinterpreted which ones were on sale," I said.
"Don't worry about it, I'll give them to ya for $10."
After which, I turned to Jessi making sure she thanked the young girl, since without her, Jessi wouldn't have them in her closet right now.
Crazy!  Never had that happen before.
As I walked away, I was so appreciative, and then I thought....
Maybe I look really destitute. :)

3 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

You know that these things only happen to you, right? I should just start having you do all of my shopping.

tammy said...

Wow. How nice of her! I love a great deal too. And that's the kind of thing that will bring you back to the store and hopefully make others want to shop there too. A lot of sales people could learn from her.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

Amy said...

Awesome! Those things never happen to me. In fact, I tried to purchase a t-shirt for Grant a few months ago at that same store and they rang up a higher price and I told her I didn't want it. I wasn't offered that same deal. Lucky duck! :)