Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Conversations with Joey

NOTE:  This post contains subject matter suitable for an older audience. :)

My son has an insane sense of humor.  It encompasses his entire being.
He finds humor in almost everything, and is rarely serious. 
Raising a child of this nature is an adventure.  One minute has you rolling on the floor laughing, and the next frustrated beyond belief. 
Today, I took him and Hannah to get their sports physicals.
He insisted that my presence was not needed in the exam room with him, and since I had no health concerns, I obliged him.  I accompanied Hannah to hers and met up with Joey in the waiting room afterwards.
On the way home, I asked him what he and the doctor discussed. 
The conversation went something like this:

Joey:  "He asked me if I had any sexual questions.  I said, no.  Then he asked me if my parents talked to me about sex.  I told him, no." (laughter)
Me:   (incredulous because it's not true.)  "That is not true at all!  I have been very open and honest with you about the subject of sex, not to mention your dad took you on a father/son camping trip one time for the express purpose of having time to talk to you alone about such things.  Do we need to have more
discussions?"
Joey:  "No, mom, we don't." (uncomfortable smile)
Me:   "I thought we had done a decent job of explaining and answering questions.  Don't you remember that
camping trip with dad?  What did he tell you?"
Joey:  (laughing) "He told me, Son....people have sex...now...pass me a hot dog."

It was at this point I started laughing hysterically. 
Both of us know this not to be true, and I think it was his way of telling me...Mom...I 've had enough of this conversation. 
Point well taken.

4 comments:

Saimi said...

HA! Thats great, I'm still laughing. Yes indeed your son has a sense of humor I love that come back, but I can also see that as a 'dad' thing.

It's us moms that feel we need to talk in great detail about everything and I can just see dad keeping it plain and simple!

Very funny, very, very funny!

Carrie said...

That is too funny!!! They asked Brenna the same questions and she is 12!!! I thought she was going to pass out and puke she was so embarrassed!!! :-)

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Never a dull moment, huh?

Michelle said...

Bahahaha!!! I'm going to let David give "the talk" to my boys. They will love it IF it involves camping and hot dogs!