Friday, October 28, 2011

Quiet Moment

I am taking a few minutes to myself this morning.  That's about all I have today.  In fact, it's one of those days when I probably shouldn't even be doing that. 
I am going to make a statement that will come as a shock to my mother....I am not perfect. 
I have shortcomings and struggles.  Some that lately have begun to really get me down.  I suppose some of my frustration comes from my first-born personality that thinks I have to do everything just right...everytime....the first time....in every situation....always.  Of course this is not reality, but I sure wish it could be.
I wish I always treated everyone, in all things and all times, with love.  I wish I never let anyone down or caused anyone hurt feelings.  I wish I could always walk in forgiveness and mercy. 
I wish I knew how to handle every relational situation. 
I wish I knew exactly how to handle each and every situation I face as a parent, so that I could walk away knowing that each decision was the right one.
I wish I was the perfect wife, daughter, granddaughter, sister, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, niece, and friend.
I wish sooo much I was the perfect parent. 
But most of all I wish everyday I could live in such a way that God would say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
Yesterday, I was driving and listening to an old Third Day CD.  One of the songs resonated with me in a fresh way.  It's my prayer today.  If only I would put God above everything in my life, He would provide me with grace enough for all of my shortcomings.  And, He would fill all my gaps.

"Father in Heaven
 Lord may your name be glorified
 Above all others, above all this world
 Above everything else in our lives
 For nothing else in all of this world matters
 But to live our lives for you and you alone"
                                                              - Third Day

4 comments:

Mindee said...

You come pretty darned close Tracey. ;)

Lezlee said...

You are such a fantastic person. Remember you are human. We all do the best we can with what we have. When I grow up I want to be more like you ... even though I am older than you. :-) Love you!

Peggi said...

Just knowing you reach for that "perfection" is enough for God and me!!! I never prayed for a perfect child, just one that followed His footsteps.
Love you as you are, Mom

Michelle said...

You are the most perfect sis I could ever want or deserve!