Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st Day of School


Here are those pictures I took this morning. And, I told my friend Missy today that I was not going to get sentimental when I posted these, but I must tell you I cried when I dropped Joey off at the high school this morning and then again when I told Dave about it at lunch....in the middle of a restaurant no less. Ah, the joys of motherhood. :)

Is this not some kind of outfit choice? Denim shorts and black hightops! Yes! Way to be cool, Jessi. :)I bought these shoes for her some time ago, as she just "really liked them". Well, you know how that goes.....they generally sit in the closet, as these did. That is until today when she pulled them out and happily wore them to school. What suddenly brought them back into cool mode? No clue.

I had to post this last one just for fun. This special 4th grade teacher lamented this morning how I have no more kids to send to her classroom after Jessi. The baby of the family is finally in her class. I reminded her I wouldn't be having another baby just so she could teach another one of my kids. LOL She is a special lady that has had my older two in her classroom. In fact, Joey was in her first class as a new teacher.

I pray for a wonderful and blessed school year for all you other parents out there. May God bless you and your children richly.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a nice looking family! Very lovely first day of school picture!

missy said...

you don't ever have to apologize to me for being sentimental. i think sentimentality is a virtue! great pictures!dig the hightops.

Mindee said...

Okay, you got first day of school pics and your kids are at 3 schools too. Clearly I need to up my game here!
They look great. It's going to be a good year.