Tonight and continuing tomorrow morning I will be attending the Beth Moore simulcast of which our church is a host site. I have been baking like a mad woman for this event. Two kinds of cookies and cinnamon rolls. When it comes to baking opportunities, I almost always over commit. Then when it comes down to the baking part, I realize I am in over my head, as was the case last night. At least I made one batch of cookies the night before so I wasn't quite as overwhelmed as I could have been. And, do I make something tried and true? Of course not! I try three new recipes and ask myself, why, why, why? At least two of the three were winners. I will blog about that on "The Obsessive Cook" in the near future, so look for it.
My mom is coming into town for this also, so I would like for my house to look pristine, but it doesn't. I really hate that. I called her already and asked her to put on blinders. Fortunately, she is used to doing that with me. :)
I really need this time of spiritual refreshment. I have truly been going through the motions lately. I pray that God speaks to each and every woman who is a part of this simulcast across this nation. I pray God gives us each a special perk up and in His own way, a big hug to assure us of His ever faithful love.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I think I need some spiritual refreshment after a day like today. Good for you, Tracey!
This song "Born Again", is EXACTLY how I walked away from our time with Beth!! (I am starting to tear up just writing about it!)
My prayer would be that every women could experience what we did.
I have a new sense of God's love and power.
An awesome week end, glad I could share it with you!
XO Mom
Post a Comment