Wednesday, September 2, 2009

H1N1 ????

This whole virus thing is on the brain and is beginning to get a little on the obsessive side. Truth be told, it can't be helped when you work in a school which is a cesspool of germs anyway. It also doesn't help when one of your co-workers has become the resident expert on the H1N1 flu, spraying everything in sight with a coating of Lysol so thick it drips. (Love ya, M. Thanks for spraying my radio. LOL)
Then today I get a text from Joey that said, "Mom I feel sick." And then, "Mom, can you come get me? My head and throat hurt really bad." My text back said, "Go to the nurse." And, all I can think is......oh, boy here we go.

4 comments:

MIndee said...

You all laugh now but in a few weeks Lysol will be your best friend too! :)

Anonymous said...

Lysol, maybe. But what about building a tolerance? We use anti-bacterial this and anti-bacterial that...how can we ever build up our tolerance when we make our world sterile?!
Just wash your hands with regular soap,you'll be fine!! Worked for us 40 yrs ago =)
love you TT, Mom

Amy said...

I hope Joey springs out of this one quick and the rest of the family don't get it. I hear if it's the flu then it's the H1N1. The good news, I heard the strain that's in Lincoln is pretty mild, so they say. It's just a bummer to get the flu when the weather isn't cold out.

Amy said...

Oops! I meant to say "doesn't", not don't. I guess I should proof read first, huh?