Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On My Heart

Can I just blog something on my heart right now? I just got done reading my friend's blog about her Mother's struggle with cancer and how heartbreaking it is. Each day everyone of us is reminded, albeit in different ways, that life is hard. There is grief and pain all around us in various forms and degrees. Many times we don't have to look outside of our own home.
It is in these times, I look to God for answers. Why? Why God? I take solace and comfort in the words of Jesus. "In this world you will have trouble. But, take heart for I have overcome the world." And this..." I go to prepare a place for you. That where I am there you may be also."
I like to read the Psalms. King David wrote much of it, and his life was full of pain and heartbreak. I think about his words tonight. "In You, O Lord, I put my trust. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually. For You are my hope, O Lord God." Psalm 71:1,3,5

2 comments:

Peggi said...

I too have relied on the Psalms the past several days. You really do not have to look far to see someone that needs His reasurance.
So thankful I am!!
XO Mom

missy said...

thanks for your comment on my blog. you always point me to the lord. we need another playdate with mindee. :)