Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dinner Conversation

This conversation could have been heard recently at our dinner table.  I have to admit, it is pretty funny.

 And, as a side note, I did have some pictures to go with it, BUT the camera broke.  Ugh!  The miracle fixer upper claims he can fix it.  (Secretly, I would really like a new camera.  Ok, it's not a secret.  I would really like a new camera.  The one I currently have is not a great model. It's old. It needs to enter retirement.  Yada, Yada.  But, my man just HAS to fix. So, bless his heart, I love him to pieces. I will wait patiently while he takes it to his mini work shop downstairs and works yet another miracle. End tangent.)

Ok, back to story.
We sit down to dinner.  I had tried a new recipe (Imagine that. Me trying a new recipe.LOL)  It was a delicious White Chili.  I was enjoying every bite.
Joey breaks the silence, "Mom, I am tired of soup.  We eat it all the time.  I am never eating soup again when I leave this house."
"It's not soup, Joe, it's chili."
"Mom, it's Soup."

So, thinking I had a great idea to end his complaining, I declared that we take a family vote. 
"Everyone who thinks I make soup too often, raise your hand."

I look around the table and see smiles on the faces of everyone.  They are all looking down sheepishly.  Dave slowly raises his hand.  The girls look a little uncertain as to what to do next.  Finally, the awkward silence breaks once again. 

"Can we have secret ballots?"

3 comments:

Saimi said...

HA! Secret ballets to a family vote, now there you go!! Too funny!!

I think this time of year there is nothing better to eat than a hot bowl of chili or homemade soup, then come summer its BBQ on the grill.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Ha! Tracey you can make soup for me anytime and I will be grateful for every single bite.

Michelle said...

This is such a funny story...especially since I can see each one of those smiles! :) Personally I could eat soup or chili almost every day in winter. Perhaps it is a Kelly thing?? (Just not veggie soup with hamburger!)