Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Eats

I enjoy watching the Super Bowl every year. In case you are wondering, yes I do like the game itself, not just the circus surrounding it. I get much more fired up for college football than the pros, but since the college season is over I'll take whatever I can get.
The commercials are fun too, but the food part is what I really like. I strategically plan what snacks will make an appearance on our plates. Sometimes traditional tried and true fare, and sometimes a bunch of new recipes.
This year is mostly new stuff.
I have been waiting for an opportunity to try some Southwestern Egg Rolls. Never made those before, but they sure look amazing. And, of course some guacamole and sour cream on the side. MmHm. I could eat guacamole every day of my life....and never get tired of it. Ever.
I bought some Hooters Wing sauce to make some boneless chicken bites. Oops I just realized I forgot the Blue Cheese dressing. I love that.
And then last but not least, I ran across a recipe for Jalapeno Popper Dip. It sounds gooooood. Must try, so I made an extra trip to the store for the ingredients.
I wish you all a GREAT Super Bowl Sunday and may you have yummy snacks too. It just wouldn't be the Super Bowl without it.

1 comment:

Saimi said...

I'll be right over sounds like a fun party at your house!!

I love college football too...Actually I love any kind of football!!