In the end, I got exactly what I wanted. :) And Dave was thrilled with the price. Ok, maybe thrilled is not the best choice of words. He was satisfied with the price. Thanks to the suggestion of my sister we found a "scratch and dent" special that brought the price down considerably. It has one small dent on the side that is embedded next to the wall, so you'll never see it.
This french door model with the freezer on the bottom is so much more spacious than the side by side that I had. Lovin' that.
I have received three requests for the Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe, so thought I would post it here. It was really good, but extremely rich.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced jalapenos or 4 fresh jalapenos
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
In a food processer add cream cheese, mayo, shredded mexican blend cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan, green chiles and jalapenos. Process until smooth. (Since I don't have a food processer, I just chopped the jalapenos fine and then mixed together.)
Spread into a greased pie pan or 2 qt. baking dish.
Blend melted butter, bread crumbs and remaining parmesan. Sprinkle over the top. Bake at 375* for about 20 minutes or until top is browned and dip is bubbly.
I served with tortilla chips, but could use baguette slices or crackers. This recipe was taken from Tablespoon. This site has alot of fun recipes on it. Check it out sometime.
In fact I found a recipe for Honey Lime Enchiladas that I am going to make tonight. Let you know how it was. :)



4 comments:
YAY!! Congratulations on your new fridge!!! It looks PERFECT in your kitchen and sounds like the price was right too!! The best kind of purchase!!
Thanks for the recipe!
See? A new fridge IS exciting!
That recipe looks a little different than the one I was given. Maybe I'll have to do a side by side comparison.
the dip sounds yummy! and your fridge looks great.
I think I want my next fridge to be just like the one you got....looks great! And that dip looks awesome!
Post a Comment